Re: Re: So, everyone likes VMI? No complaints?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by addendum on December 25, 2002 at 10:47:49:

In Reply to: Re: So, everyone likes VMI? No complaints? posted by dp on December 24, 2002 at 21:02:54:

re: the "brand-discussion question" I should add though that I own a VMI ne' Perantucci PT4P and that it is a very predictable horn and plays very well and gets good compliments for its sound and even its appearance! I use it all the time and have had no more problems with it than one might expect from a 10-year-old tuba.

re: "your old Bessons" since you have two you COULD send one to someone (like Lee Stofer) and have a cosmetic refurb done on it...keep your old iron, and wind up with way-cool eye candy that you are familiar with playing! My suggest along this line would be satin silver with bright inner bell.

re: "decision-making" sounds like you're of the generation that dreamed of Mirafone tubas. They're better now, more consistent, and honestly the easiest recommend and best choice for 95% or all tubists out there. Can't go wrong with a new 186 play-tested and/or bought from a reputable dealer.

Follow Ups: