Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: i am happy!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on December 30, 2002 at 09:27:52:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: i am happy!!! posted by Kyle Cabral on December 29, 2002 at 21:25:41:

Kyle, I was roundly lambasted for posting a long homily on why it is important to type well on TubaEuph, so I won't repeat here except for the highlights. When you "type fast" and "don't read before sending" you are telling everyone that your ideas are either 1.) so important that you don't mind forcing the rest of us to wade through repeated bad spelling and lack of capitalization, or 2.) you think so little of them that you don't care to express them carefully.

Please consider how your messages make you look. Your future employers will not be impressed by typing speed if it comes with the bad habits you are ingraining into your brain now, just as your tuba teacher is not impressed if you play a technical passage fast but with bad articulation and missed notes.

Everyone has lapses, and nobody needs the Grammar Police to point them out. But that isn't what happened here. Frankly, your writing made you look unintelligent, and your solo was "If I Only Had A Brain." See the humor in that and laugh, and then work on accuracy as well as speed.

Rick "who thinks no tuba player should use speed as an excuse for poor typing skills" Denney

Follow Ups: