Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: i am happy!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kyle Cabral on December 30, 2002 at 17:38:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: i am happy!!! posted by Rick Denney on December 30, 2002 at 09:27:52:

Disclaimer: these are my views on the subject and I do not mean to push them on anybody. I just disagree with what has been stated and I would like to post why. Anything that I write that can be seen as a shot at anybody was not intended and let me apologize now if it seems that way. If after reading this, you are angry than feel free to point out all of my grammatical and spelling mistakes

First off, I can see your point in this very clearly. However, I feel that this issue is not that of great importance unless the statement brought about in a post is illegible. Having said that I know somebody here will come out and say that they had a hard time reading my post but looking over it now, if you can’t understand a post due to some spelling etc. then I feel that you have no grasp of the language. I could see if I was to spell sausage as sawerseag but that is not the case. I help kids at school with their writing all the time and if I let a few words trip me up, I would go crazy. Also, when the "grammar police" come attacking people, how are they to know that the person doesn’t already know of his/her problems and maybe has no control of it, just a thought. My post was not a cry for help or an address to everybody on the board. It was simply me stating my excitement to be playing good music. I appreciate anybody who can honestly say that they were only trying to give helpful criticism as I do know that my spelling needs help. I just hate when people just mock or tear people apart over what I view as a very small aspect of the post. The idea of a post is just that; the idea of the post, be it misspelled, poorly punctuated, etc. if it is to the point where you don’t know which end to start from then just stop reading. You’re not obligated by any higher power to post on any given thread.

This is the first time I have ever had a disagreement with you Rick and I see very well your point intended. The thing is that I just don’t agree on this little aspect so I hope that we can just agree to disagree. You're a very knowlegable person and would hate for this to pursuede you to not respond to any future posts I may make.

Cheers,
Kyle

Follow Ups: