Re: Most 'agile'Tuba??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dp on December 13, 2003 at 10:46:40:

In Reply to: Most 'agile'Tuba?? posted by Barry Tone on December 12, 2003 at 18:11:23:

a couple of questions:

* ARE you a tuba player - meaning is tuba your principal instrument? Thats not precicely clear to me from your post, even though you emphasize you cannot use a BTbn/Euph MP.
But that last note makes me wonder, since you say you cannot play a euph (MP) where does your concept of euph-agility come from?

* what is your playing style? often the "agility" (of smaller horns) comes from the player using a playing style that maybe 3/4 of "tuba players" don't use. Comparatively speaking the players of smaller horns are much more dependent on what I'd call "real" breath control, where most tuba approaches just point and blow. The small percentage of tubists who employ similar breath control(to those lil horn guys), have more agility.

* my opinion? Agility is at the face, and predominant in the player, not the horn, BUT if you are insistent on hardware as the basis for your agility, then simply the smaller the better (try a shallow MP too)

what is your playing style?

Follow Ups: