Re: Debating which BBb to buy

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Craig on February 07, 2000 at 14:00:37:

In Reply to: Debating which BBb to buy posted by Arup Baral on February 06, 2000 at 14:55:33:

Just had to throw my two cents in. I just purchased a Cervany 781 and love it, although I paid to have minibal linkage replace the standard linkage. That said, the Miraphone is a fine horn, but the Meinl and VMI are also fine horns. The Meinl model 25 slides are all on top which makes them easy to access and it is a real nice playing horn. The 5th valve does help with intonation and range, but I think that it is hard to get a MW with 5 valves. If money is an issue, I would get the Cervany 686 rather than the St. Petersberg. The best advice that anybody gave was to go somewhere where there are a lot of horns, like the woodwind and the brasswind, and try them for yourself. You may find that you like the way a particular horn plays, and the important thing is to find one that you are comfortable with. Miraphone, MW, VMI, and Cervany all make good, reliable instruments and you would do alright buying any of them.

Follow Ups: