Re: getting prepared to buy 6/4

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Farah on February 26, 2001 at 17:58:24:

In Reply to: getting prepared to buy 6/4 posted by Tim on February 26, 2001 at 08:24:18:

I heard Sean play both in a decent sized room that had good accoustics. The Nircshel sounded good close up. Very warm and smooth. From further away, it sounded muddy and did not project nor was as clean as the Yorkbrunner.

I've also heard another tubist play the same horns and he sounded better on the Nirshel. The Nirshel is a fantastic buy compared to the Yorkbrunner. So if you also need an F or a smaller C (which I highly recommend if you are going to own one of these big-butt tubas), buy the Nirschel. In my opinion, the York sounded better all together. But with that small of a difference between the two and the huge price difference--the Nirschel.

So, if you want this horn player's advice, the Yorkburnner projects so much better (I can hear Sean practicing on the bottom floor when I'm 2 floors up, trust me) and I would strongly suggest buying the York.

I've got a good question for you (that does in no way support my statement):
How many used Yorkbrunners have you seen for sale in the past year or so? (I've seen a few)
How many used Nirschels have you seen for sale in the past year or so? (I've never seen one for sale).

Farah (am i right??) Chisham

Follow Ups: