Re: Tuba musings at concert band rehearsal

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kyle Cabral on February 16, 2002 at 00:29:26:

In Reply to: Tuba musings at concert band rehearsal posted by Randy Mac Iver on February 15, 2002 at 17:30:53:

last year durring band, i cant remember what we were playing, but our conductor wanted us to play at the rehersal marked "P" but he ended up just saying "pee right on it" we lost alot of playing time with that one but it was worth it. then another time, he got frustrated and said "why cant you play the F'n G!" that was hillarious!! he wasnt frustrated after that.

ooh ooh... a little off topic but a wierd thing that happened at marching rehersal on night. we practice on a street that is closed to through traffic but people still park on so one night durring practice the band passed a teacher's minivan when a strange phenomona occured... every thing was fine utill the two sousaphones got to the van... well there was a strange noise, the tubas were in perfect tune and very very loud and BAM!!! they blew out the van's window! at first the school tried to suspend my friend, david, for breaking it but this accusation ened with this arguement.

administrators-"you were the only one close enough to break it"

david-"yeah, i ran over to the van, took off the sousaphone, picked the lock, got in, closed the door, broke the window, got out, locked the door, put the sousaphone back on, and got back in rank without missing a single beat."

boy i wish i could have been there to see there faces. david said they got really flustered but couldnt do anything about it because he was right. by the time they gave up they had interrogated (litterally) about a third of the band.

Follow Ups: