Re: Re: Oystein Baadsvik CD - Amazing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Øystein Baadsvik on February 22, 2004 at 12:53:23:

In Reply to: Re: Oystein Baadsvik CD - Amazing posted by Tommy on February 20, 2004 at 20:23:44:

Hi, and thanks for compliments on the Tuba Carnival!
Here is some info, some old news and some new:
If you are looking for works I have premiered a good place to start is my first CD on Simax, PSC 1101. It contains two pieces written for me, the Sivelöv Sonata and Gaathaug Sonata Concertante as well as Hindemith, Madsen and Kraft.
On Tuba Carnival (BIS-CD-1285) you will also find two new pieces for tuba that I premiered, Wellden and the Plau Concerto.
Last year I recorded the Nelson Concerto, Metalléphönic for tuba and orchestra also written for me. I don't know when it will be released.
I have just signed an agreement with the BIS label for making a number of new CD's the next few years. The first one contains almost exclusively new music for tuba, string orchestra and jazz piano. I will play some of this music on a concert during ITEC 2004 in Hungary. During this year another CD with original music for tuba and piano is also recorded. Then there is two CD's planned with music for tuba and orchestra. The repertoire is not yet decided but will be mostly pieces written for me.
So just relax, original music has been coming, and will keep coming!
As for the Carnival and Csardas, everyone needs to have a little fun now and then :)

Best wishes,

Øystein Baadsvik

Follow Ups: