Forging my future with 20 lbs of brass

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brandon Ostrom on January 07, 2002 at 23:22:31:

Hello. I have only one question for now, but it is none the less quite important. I am strongly considering making music my career. I know this is a difficult road that does not necessarily guarente loads of cash or even a job at all.( i know of many musicians, many good ones, that have their B.A. in music, but work at fast food joints)

However, I have now reached a point in my life where I am so thoroghly obsessed with music, I think it is the best choice for me. I live in Canada and am in the last cirriculum( the one where you still get to take O.A.C.'s) My main concern is what university I should go to, what I should to do prepare myself for university (other then playing my brains out and getting private lessons). I have asked many professional musicians about their opinions of what I should do, but I still feel I need more outside help. If you could please take a chunk out of your day and try to help me in my dilema of choice, I would much appreciate. This is an extremely important decision in my life, so I need to think it over a great deal before i reach a final decision, and I believe that with your help I could be better off in doing so. Thank you for your time.

Brandon "All your brass instruments are belong to the tuba" Ostrom

Follow Ups: