Re: Re: Re: Getzen G50/Canadian Brass

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Arnold S. Gottlieb on January 10, 2002 at 16:50:57:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Getzen G50/Canadian Brass posted by Nick C on January 09, 2002 at 23:22:49:

I think it's worth 1000 more if it's a better horn, and absolutely nothing if it's not. Everybody on this board says it and I will too. Play them. I had a great opertunity to live near Bob Tuuci's store in Munich for almost 6 months. As he is one of the nicest people ever, I would sometimes just go there for coffee, but it was amazing to play horns that are coming out of the same place, that are not exactly the same, and may be better/worse for me/you, depending on how either of us play. And I think perantucci's are amazingly consistant, I own one, but I've played 3 nirschl CC's back to back and also 4 nirschl BBb's back to back and 3 people might choose 3 different horns. So, my advice to you is to get a friend to go with you to listen and play the horns. (Or get a flight to munich and pick your perantucci--just have to say that cause I'm a fan) And road trips can be lot's of fun. Good Luck

Follow Ups: