Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dent Eraser

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac Iver on January 16, 2002 at 09:59:10:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dent Eraser posted by David on January 16, 2002 at 02:00:26:

Hey David,
I think that you may be a little off the mark here. If buying the tool was all there is too it than you may be right but I doubt it. I have a garage full of tools yet I have no time to build a house, overhaul my cars engine or rewire my house. I call a professional to do those things even though I have the tools to do it my self for the result would be a catastrophy. I think that you may be right about the niche market for this thing but why should that keep the inventor from trying to recoup on his time and money spent. If I wanted to fix my horn myself than that is my choice not the music stores' and if there are tools around to be had why not try. Just because you have the tools to do the job doesn't mean that you should. That is why I take my car to the garge for anything over an oil change or tire rotation and if I need a deck or new siding I call the local contractor even though I have an aluminum brake. I recognize quality work and I will pay for it accordingly but if I can do it myself than I usually do and pay myself. I think that Band directors that have tight budgets will welcome this kind of tool as long as the seller offers a class on how and when to use it.
Randy Mac Iver
The plow boy pennsylvanian tuba operator
PS Most of the music stores around here sell pianos and guitars and wouldn't know were to plug the cord in a tuba let alone a trumpet.

Follow Ups: