Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: King 2341

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tony Tuba on January 22, 2002 at 01:11:36:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: King 2341 posted by Skeptic from CA on January 21, 2002 at 23:51:06:

Legions of Ravers...Panderers...St.Pete's... Sliced Bread...

Whoa, where did that come from?

Look, I'm in agreement with you that potential purchasers, especially those ordering long distance with a trial period (and potential return shipping), shouldn't get caught up in the hype that often goes with the roll out of a new model. In this case, they should clearly be aware to ask about the finish quality.

I also think you may be correct that UMI has a volume approach to sales, although I'm not so convinced that is a bad thing for the end user.

I can summerize my last post quite easily (1) My 2341 has problems with fit and finish (2) for me, the 2341 plays very well, and I like it (3) this seems to be typical with recent UMI tubas, and they should improve (4) the poster should definitely try one out for himself.

I do know this for sure: you don't know me and shouldn't imply that my opinion of how the 2341 plays was formed because the horn is some kind of trend.

Tony "who doesn't like a drubbing either" Tuba

I do know this: you don't know me and shouldn't imply that my experience with a 234 and their volume approach to quality control. hints at a

Follow Ups: