Re: American Journey

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on January 25, 2002 at 21:04:43:

In Reply to: American Journey posted by Micky Wrobleski on January 25, 2002 at 15:05:56:

No need for the hinting-at-apologetic remark about the music sounding as if it were composed by John Williams. A similar statement could be made about any widely-heard composer/arranger's music.

I realize that you personally are a very fine composer and arranger of note, and I realize that you are praising the music of John Williams in your post.

I simply have a minor pet peave about others (college kids, mostly) parroting the jealous sentiments of their freshman theory-composition teachers about (successful) John Williams' music, and even though your comment only very lightly brushed against my pet peave, it was awakened.

Again, I realize that you are praising the music. Thank-YOU Micky for YOUR wonderful compositions and arrangements, and let's none of us apologize for our own tastes, however "incorrect" they may be.

Additionally, thank-you very much for the "heads-up" on "American Journey". I would like to see YOU post more about your own work: arrangements/compositions/recordings. That is the sort of stuff of which quality posts are made.

Joe S.

Follow Ups: