Re: How did you get your start?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Graham on January 26, 2002 at 23:41:47:

In Reply to: How did you get your start? posted by Doug on January 26, 2002 at 21:36:41:

Well, In elementry school, we also had to sing the crappy songs, and square dance (yee-haw), and play on the recorders, (which i enjoyed, cuz i was pretty good for a lil kid). And in 5th grade the music teacher asked if anyone wanted to be in the band next year. I thought, ...why. So, I initially told the band teacher, no thanks. Well, like the next week or so, we took a test (like picking out the different pitch, and rhytm's and stuff like that), and when we got the tests back, everyone was like yeah, i got an 80, and i was like, cool, i got a 125 (out of like 130), so the music teacher sent me back to the band teacher, and i was like, well, I'll think about it. So, I go home and tell mom and dad, and they convince me that one day, if i keep practicing, I will be in the Indiana University Pep Band, and I can watch the I.U. basketball team play for free. So, i thought, it won't happen, but what the heck. The next day I went to see the band teacher, and i said, wadda ya want me to play, and she was like, how bout the tuba, so i was like, "huh?, well, ok, sure" That was the biggest mistake of my life, (just joking, lol) To make a long story shorter, after years of practice (hours a day)I've gone thru the All-state thing,...the band geek of the school thing, and all that, and now i'm a freshman at Indiana University, and as a matter of fact, I just played one of the most enjoyable performances in my life,....I played in the Indiana University Pep Band at the I.U. vs Illinois blowout today! And this summer I will be achieving another one of my life -tuba goals,... I will be marching with the Cavaliers Drum and Bugle Corps! And all of this is pretty good for a biology major :-)

Follow Ups: