Re: Army Tuba Conference

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anon on January 28, 2002 at 08:46:32:

In Reply to: Army Tuba Conference posted by john on January 27, 2002 at 16:44:50:

I just got back from the conference last night. Kudos to the guys at the band for putting on a well planned and smoothly run event.

I liked most everything that I heard! Some highlights for me were (in no particular order):

John Cradler's playing in the Marine Quintet. He has THE sound for quintet with his Besson 983.

Pat and Sam's show on Thursday evening was very cool. Those guys continue to amaze me everytime I hear them play. For my money, Sam gets around the horn easier than anyone I know.

Guys who played really well on the recitals were Matt Tropmann, Joe Skillen, Andy Rummel, Mike Eberly and his quintet of young bucks.

Celluloid Tubas was a bunch of fun. If you can catch that performancxe at ITEC don't miss it!

Mike Forbes gave a great class on writing for the tuba euph ensemble. He also had a piece of his played on the final concert. What a talented dude!

The Childs family played excellently with their usual flair and Roland Szentpali was great as well.

All in all a great time. The exhibits were bigger than I remember them being...it's been about five years since I had been to one of these events.

It was a great time to catch up with old buddies! Plans for the 20th anniversary are underway...next year's show should be incredible!

Follow Ups: