Re: Re: Re: orchestra players in marching band

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by oh really now... on January 29, 2002 at 21:33:53:

In Reply to: Re: Re: orchestra players in marching band posted by The grey-hairéd tuba on January 29, 2002 at 20:01:08:

Well, thats just your opinion. I am one of those die hard marchers A)I don't appreciate the fact that you want me to die, and B) I guess you just don't see it from the point I do. There are some shows, like some that we did with the music from the band Chicago, that if you would have seen it, you would have had goosbumbps all over your body. Marching band is one of those adrenaline(spelling?) rushing things where you have to be into it to enjoy it. I don't go for any certain type of way to play my music, my director doesn't tech us to play our instruments incorrectly, and, the last time I checked, half of our crowd comes to see our band. You want to talk about your torso being twisted? Well, that sounds like a bit of complaining to me, if you cant do that and keep your playing qualitys about you, then you must have not had very much success with marching band. I do agree that forcing kids to be in it just makes a very undisciplined band, and is just completely retarded, but I also think you need to think before you go off and bash marching band and its players/marchers.

Follow Ups: