Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: All those F tubas for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mr. C on January 30, 2002 at 15:04:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: All those F tubas for sale posted by A G in V on January 30, 2002 at 14:37:31:

My idea of "hawking:

Question: "I'm in the market for a 4/4 CC tuba that I can play in both polka band and brass quintet, but use as a solo horn as well. I've narrowed my search to the BMW 2000 SUX or the Yulbrenner HV 2P. Anyone have opinions of these horns?"

Retailer Answer: "Both of the horns mentioned are fine tubas, but you might want to check into the Moanettz BVD tuba which, according to (insert famous tuba player's name here)plays just as well as the other two, but is half the price. Then you would have money left over to buy the matching F tuba. I just happen to have 2 of each in stock, but they are going fast."

My idea of "information":

Question: "I've heard alot about these newfangled Monettz tubas...can I play one in my polka band, but also do the J. Williams Concerto on it with my high school orchestra?"

Retailer Answer: I'm glad you asked about the Monettz tubas. The BVD model is a great all around horn, and priced reasonably. As far as using it for a solo horn, you might be better off using an F tuba on the Williams Concerto (or better yet, Haddad)with your high school orchestra. Monettz makes a nice model of which I have several in stock. Please email me privately if you'd like more info."

Follow Ups: