Re: High Range: Drawing lips toward teeth?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Ann on January 27, 2003 at 15:25:16:

In Reply to: High Range: Drawing lips toward teeth? posted by Bill on January 27, 2003 at 12:44:00:

The three posts already in response to this query are a good example of the apparently complete lack of technique teaching in this country. What it comes down to is: if you cannot figure it out by yourself, that is, if you are not a natural player, well, you must be stupid, just go give up, ok? If you go take a lesson from someone who is aware of what s/he is doing, you will find a totally different type of answer to a very reasonable question. I can't count the number of teachers in various disciplines whom I have paid good money to, to find out they cannot communicate how to do something. I can count on one hand the teachers in various disciplines (1: tennis; 2: horseback riding; 3: horn) who have actually been able to tell me something useful. People who are not natural players are those whose bodies don't "just do it" all by themselves. They have to take a different route, which consists of 1) find out what to do, 2) train yourself to do it until it is rote, and 3) just play. Notice that #3 comes after #2 and #1.

Follow Ups: