Re: What should i do?!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dp on January 08, 2004 at 15:23:12:

In Reply to: What should i do?! posted by Jacob on January 08, 2004 at 08:43:25:

Listen to your director, they are not self-serving and have actually SEEN (and perhaps heard) the effect of your face getting smashed. ..seeking the advice of a group of people online who have never heard you play even one note, let alone know your strengths and weaknesses as a player, let alone having SEEN the extent of damage to your face, is not going to get you useful advice-at least not useful in the sense that it is specifically relevent to you in this moment of your life. I've said it before, how could arm-chair speculation (as is so willingly provided here) have more value than the insight of a person you play for and knows you and YOU know as a human being, and not simply so many words available to you when you click on an internet link?

Its a bummer to have life throw you a curve when you feel reasonably on top of things. I'd suggest you follow your director's advice, keep something like vitamin e oil on your wounds to keep them from scarring pay very close attention to keeping your wounds clean and free of infection and go hiking or some sort of different activity to temporarily take your mind off of the worries of your world...

Follow Ups: