What should i do?!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jacob on January 08, 2004 at 08:43:25:

this kind of goes along wiht the below post, "ouch"

As you may know I got popped in the mouth wedsnday in soccer, cutting top and bottom lip.

I havent' been able to play since, I simply can't play anything above a Bb in the staff, this is basically a octave below my normal range. When I try to play a C in the staff I get nothing but air.

I have regions the 17th, week from saturday. and soccer practice scheduled every day up to then (last practice the 16th).

I've played soccer before, know the game etc jus rusty since I took about 2 yrs off and back this year. So Im not high on the totem pole with the coach since its my first year, and i've been bustin my butt all year trying to show him im here to play and deserve to play. and now im thrown into this situation.

My directors opinion, is tha tI shouldnt play until regions and all state are over(given I make it to all state). which would be maybe like 3 maybe 4 weeks off practice, I could maybe get away with doing a week off practice, then a week (AT) practice (between all region/state time is 2 wks) then off the week before all state again.. which would only put me 2 wks off practice.

What should I do? I dont' wanna get even lower on the totem pole for the coach, I dont' wanna sound cocky to him when I try and explain the situation saying what I 'may' make incasse I dont', and it looks like I was only trying to get out of practice.

I also dont' want the chance of getting another busted lip basically any time next week, the worst day being friday as anyhting like this would simply put me OUT of all region, and since you have to make top chair at regions for all state it put me out of all state as well.

help!

p.s. I dont' want to quit soccer, thats not me, I committed myself to play soccer and im not gonna quit now that i've already in it.

Follow Ups: