Re: Re: Re: Re: Who sells new Conn's?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark in Ohio on July 27, 2000 at 22:15:19:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Who sells new Conn's? posted by Anon E Mous on July 27, 2000 at 07:56:40:

Dear Anon E Mous:

If you read my posting with an honest eye to it's content, you'll realize (as many others have) that I make NO charges against free market, or being accomodating to my customers.

Nor do feel any need whatsoever to "blame" the customer for the quality of my merchandise. I sell damn fine products, thank you. The Company I work for has been in the business for over 30 years. Not a one of us is looking for artsy goose-bumps amongst the grind of Band retail. We are using our knowledge of the craft of music to better serve our customers than our competitors (It's called professionalism), and make an honest living for our families.

If you wanna get into name calling (which you have) you're on your own. I make no apologies for what I am. Am I an ex-band director? You Bet I am. Are you? Today, My private lesson studio is full, I'm a decent teacher, and I am a happier man than most Band directors. Oh, by the way, I DO PLAY PROFESSIONALLY. If you would like to trade resumes right here on this BBS, Be prepared to use your real name.

I have not given the name of my store or my full name in my post because I am not here to conduct business, and I am not the designated spokesperson for my store. Those in NE Ohio who want to contact me privately may do so.

I apologize if my description of customer behavior and the Brasswind offend you or others. I shop around too. THE POINT of my posting is: If the local guy can't stock it doesn't mean that he (or at least I) won't make every reasonable effort to accomodate you. Some of my customers who understand the process have even gotten to go to the UMI factory to hand pick thier instrument. If you call the factory yourself (which I tried some years ago), you won't get in unless you are a recognized performing artist(are you, Mr. Anon?) Have some respect and sympathy for what this merchant (should) do for music education. I'll bet that most of us would have never had any Tuba experience if some bozo like me didn't give your town an opportunity to rent my beginning band instruments.

The fact that I don't have an awesome Tuba selection is MY lament as well as yours. I don't see how you can have a beef with that, my friend.

By the way, I often DO beat Brasswind prices. I just can't stock demos like they do.

Respectfully,
Mark in Ohio

Follow Ups: