Re: Re: more tuba travel issues

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on July 23, 2001 at 16:08:01:

In Reply to: Re: more tuba travel issues posted by Ola on July 22, 2001 at 19:09:03:

No offense to you, but despite the fact that my visit to Copenhagen was otherwise fabulous, the line I waited in at the airport was the longest I have ever endured, and I travel over 50,000 miles a year by air. The officiousness and uncooperativeness of the gate attendant in trying to keep me from carrying on a bag that was right on the size limit and somewhat heavy nearly cost me my seat on the plane, as I tried to move the most delicate souvenirs to an even heavier briefcase so the bag could be checked.

Denmark is apparently enlightened when it comes to bicycles, however, as they were everywhere, including in the ticket line at the airport, without the usual packaging and disassembly that would be required here.

I had no problem at all with my laptop computer and with an expensive LCD projector, neither of which I declared with anybody going or coming. But never go outside of the secure area unless you must, for example at London if you connect there. That just adds a series of new opportunities for rules to be applied.

Rick "looking forward to his next beer on the sunny side of Nyhavn Canal" Denney

Follow Ups: