Re: Musician's Earplugs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eve on July 22, 2002 at 23:36:59:

In Reply to: Musician's Earplugs posted by Ted on July 22, 2002 at 21:14:24:

Custom fitted musicians' earplugs are highly recommended (my me!).

No other plug is as comfortable. No other plug has as 'natural' sound. And it is possible to 'perch' them in your ear canals, without having them pushed right in, so they are ready to enable you to quickly push one or both fully in for a loud bit (which might only be a bar or a note, as we know).

Obviously they take some getting used to (as has been mentioned), but they are undoubtedly worth the $

They are available in different decibel filter levels, e.g. 15, 25.

My previous set of musicians' earplugs had changeable filters (I had a set of 15 and a set of 25 dB)... changing the filters was fiddly, and once I'd 'weaned' myself off the 15s I used the 25 filters exclusively.

With my latest set of musicians' earplugs, each plug is made as essentially one unit (custom made), so the detachable filters seem to be a thing of the past. I feel this latest design is superior, but once again, it took a bit of getting used to.

They don't last forever, the plastic eventually loses enough of its suppleness that they fail to seal adequately, and your ear canal shape may change as well. I get about 2 years out of a set of plugs (used a lot).

Follow Ups: