Re: Valves on 2155

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on June 25, 1999 at 23:14:18:

In Reply to: Valves on 2155 posted by Daniel Bradley on June 25, 1999 at 21:43:52:

You might want to check the nylon guides on the valves. Sometimes the process of removing and inserting the valves can abuse the nylon guides and cause miniscule burrs. Even the slightest burr with valves that are machined as close as MW machines them can cause a significant problem. Are you the original owner? If you've had the horn 2 years you probably are. If not, the valves may have been worn at a certain angle unsimilar to the angle you attack the valves. You might want to GENTLY lap them with some Lava soap (Joe S. would be able to give you invaluable advice here). I had some problems with mine when I used it in the hot Florida sun at MGM Studios, but it would behave better under more realistic circumstances. The process I mentioned above coupled with using Hetmann's Light Piston Synthetic Oil (to discourage viscosity breakdown under close tolerances often associated with cheaper oils) seemed to do wonders.

Hope I've given you some ideas. Good Luck!

Dave

Follow Ups: