Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kalison 6/4

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason on June 07, 2000 at 22:51:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kalison 6/4 posted by DCastillo on June 06, 2000 at 14:54:23:

I think some of the most aggravating(sp?) and common out of tune notes that I have are E just under the staff(really sharp) and C#(Db) below the staff(sharp as well). For the E I just use 3rd valve with maybe a little slide adjustment if necessary and for the C# I finally figured out a few months ago to use a 235 combo. That brings the pitches down closer in tune. Some other notes are 2+3 Eb below staff(pull 3rd slide), first valve, of course those notes are easy to find, and I haven't quite figured out the G in the top of the staff. My G is flat and I just haven't figured out what the right thing is to do. Maybe you know.

Anyway those are just a few and there are several more I could go into. As far as a MP, I haven't found one I like as well as the one that came with the horn. I've tried three or four recommended MP's and I like the old JK Deck Exclusive 3C, or whatever it is, the best. I still love the horn, but I don't like having to work so hard to play it well. I wonder if the new redesigned ones are better. I'm thinking it's trade-in time!

Let me hear about your problems with your horn.

Good luck,

Jason

Follow Ups: