Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Discussion enjoyed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on June 12, 2000 at 21:26:49:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Discussion enjoyed posted by Klaus on June 12, 2000 at 11:39:18:

How many tubas, that were your absolute favorites of all time, have you sold?

Me?: none.

Tubas (professional models) I HAVE owned, played professionally while seriously contemplating keeping them forever, and sold: Mirafone 186 CC, Mirafone 184 CC, Alex CC, aNOTHER Mirafone 184 CC, Mirafone 188-GB CC, RM-4/4 CC, York 5V Eb, Yamaha 3/4 CC, MW-2155 CC, Holton 345 CC, HB-21 CC, Willson 3060 CC (liked the H-ll out of that one - best yet), NEXT (??)...I KNOW that at LEAST THREE tubas that I currently am "building" will be sold, because one will "outrank" the others, at least in MY opinion.

Tubas (professional models) I KNOW that I will NEVER sell?: one stinkin' B&S 6V F tuba

I will wager that IN SPITE OF the fact that I have rid myself of ALL of these different brands and models of tubas, people will STILL buy these models in the future. I SERIOUSLY doubt that ANYONE gives a ---- WHAT I think about ANY of them, whether I had a hand in their design or not.

In other words, to ME, the comment (btw, the VERY first one that I've made about that instrument) mean't NOTHING. OTHERS (particularly those who base opinions on others opinions, rather that their own evaluations) will interpret it in any way that they choose, of course.

whhhooo whhhooo (good naturedly blowing the smoke away from the ends of both barrels...)

Follow Ups: