Re: Re: WOW!! Buy this recording NOW!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Frederiksen on June 17, 2000 at 09:26:02:

In Reply to: Re: WOW!! Buy this recording NOW! posted by Frank on June 17, 2000 at 07:58:27:

There seems to be a minor problem going on with the Jacobs CD. A number of people think that I put this together!

Actually, Frank Byrne put this whole thing together and everyone who has heard it can agree, did one hell of a job! He wanted to lay low so all the credit would go to Mr Jacobs, a most noble effort but when I get praise for the CD, I must put credit where credit is due!

Frank is making nothing from this and some proceeds are going to an Arnold Jacobs Scholarship fund with T.U.B.A. I have been directed by Dallas and Dorothy Jacobs to donate any royalties to this fund - another words, the Jacobs family is endorsing this fund. To kick this off, I gave Kathy Brantigan the first check to start this - even doubled the amount for the occassion. At that time, I realized that I had never made a donation in memory of Gizella Jacobs! Luckily, I brought my personal checkbook to Canada and cut a check.

So why am I bringing this up? Arnold and Gizella Jacobs touched a lot of people in the brass world and when they passed away, there was a little confusion about donations in their memory. Now that time has passed and a scholarship fund has been established (with approval from the family) it is time to examine how Arnold and Gizella have influenced you and get the old checkbook out. Hey, you even get a nice letter from Kathy along with a tax write off from T.U.B.A.!

It is very generous of Frank to donate proceeds to the scholarship fund but he still deserves credit for one hell of a tribute!

Follow Ups: