Re: Meinl Weston 25

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Mordhorst on June 18, 2001 at 07:48:24:

In Reply to: Meinl Weston 25 posted by RC on June 17, 2001 at 22:12:17:

Hello,
My school has a MW-25. It is a great playing horn. It has the full, dark german sound. I'd say that it is the darkest sounding tuba out there, in that price range atleast. I've played it for about 3 years now, and i've grow the love it. You can get MW-25 for about $3500.00 now. I bought myself an incredible MW-20 (BBb),used, b/c i love the MW-25 so much. May I also stronly suggest getting a Used tuba. They were made better 20 years ago, and everything has been broken in well.

As for the whole BBb vs. CC. I am not a professional at all. I'm also a Junior. But i don't find any reason to switch to CC. People on this BBS (don't take offense) are quick to tell ya to play a CC. I can tell ya that I'm sticking with BBb. From what i've heard BBb's are coming back.

Everyone feel free to comment. But i just like BBb :-)

RC, I would suggest going to Dillon Music, if that is possible, i dunno where ya live. Matt Walters is amazing, he'll help ya pick out the tuba that's just right for you. And will not push getting CC, atleasty he didn't with me. Also, one might want to call Dave Fredderly at the Balitmore Brass Co. His website is in the shops section of the BBS.

Much Luck Finding a Tuba That Fits You!
~Dan Mordhorst

Follow Ups: