Re: Re: Meinl Weston 25

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tracy H on June 18, 2001 at 09:32:10:

In Reply to: Re: Meinl Weston 25 posted by Dan Mordhorst on June 18, 2001 at 07:48:24:

This seems like the blind leading the blind, but I'll give a go.

I'm a highschooler as well and from my understanding, if you go into performance and plan on playing in Orchestras, ect., get a CC. They play easier in the keys Orchestral pieces are mostly written in. I think I heard somewhere orchestras like the sound of CC's better also. Even some solo's lay better such as Introduction and Dance (I tried playing the Dance on my CC last night and I was appauled at how much easier the fingerings were for the runs. Why couldn't it have been like that when I needed it? ^_^).
BBb tuba's are the general rule for Band (wind ensamble, whatever) since band scores are generally in flat signatures, the flat keyed instruments play easier in those. While it is a matter of choice, those are the general rule (I believe) and since everyone seems to want to find the miracal cure to make them play better without practicing more (caps, tape, whatever...), it seems you would want to get the tuba most suited for the type of playing you do. Me, personally, want a CC because I plan on going into performance and trying for orchestras and doing solo/ensamble work, ect., so my CC will fit my needs.

Follow Ups: