Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Discriminated BBb and Eb ???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on June 17, 2002 at 13:44:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Discriminated BBb and Eb ??? posted by Frederick J. Young on June 17, 2002 at 10:25:06:

I was wondering if you could give us some info on your double tuba? I found a picture of one that was made out of a King symphonic model and I wondered if this is the same instrument? Sorry to get off the subject but I am a fan of the old King tubas and sousaphones and I friend on mine owned one of the King symphonic tubas which currently owned and displayed by tuba exchange.

I had one othe question for you. I have a 1941 King Eb sousaphone that I really like and it is in good condition with 4 valves and they are newly overhauled so it is nice and tight. I have an intonation issue with this horn that you might have a fix for it with your knowledge and expertise on this subject maybe you can help. The D and Db below the staff run very flat but the other notes that use the 1st or 2nd valve are not out of tune like that even the upper octave are fine. I wonder if it is worth it to mess with. I though of maybe having the slides shortened and then try to adjust them into a happy meduim for all the other notes or have triggers installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

Follow Ups: