Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Discriminated BBb and Eb ???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barry Guerrero on June 17, 2002 at 15:00:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Discriminated BBb and Eb ??? posted by Frederick J. Young on June 17, 2002 at 10:25:06:

Dr. Young,

Again, I think you make some good points. Afterall, since the horn community has been living with double instruments for such a long time now, perhaps it's time that the tuba community (read: R & D people for manufacturers) begin using computer technology (as well as good, old common sense) to come up with more double tuba designs. I would be interested in a workable BBb/F design, or a CC/F design with an extra valve for the double CC side of the equation. I'd like an F tuba, but with a fatter than normal low range and easier finergings to boot. Is that really so much to ask for?

But until such a beast arrives on the scene, I'm saving my pennies for a better than average compromise, such as the Willson Eb (which I'm certain many people would not consider to be a compromise at all). I HAVE played the Besson 983 Eb, and it's a better tuba than I had anticipated it being. I could live with it for most applications.

Barry Guerrero

Follow Ups: