I suck!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Piece of Crap! on June 19, 2002 at 22:12:20:

Alright....I have had it! Just about kicked the music stand off the floor and through the television set. It seems that no matter what I do, sixteenth note runs won't come out evenly, I crack and clip notes all over the place, my face gets sore and I get a dark red ring around my mouth from too much mouthpiece pressure in attempt to squirt out high notes, which for me is everything above d1. Also,since I clip so many notes, my rhythmns absolutley suck, I miss key signatures, accidentals and it's like I need an oxygen tank to hold out 4 measure phrases without blacking out....The only thing I feel I have going on is my tone!

Anyway, I ask myself. WHY? What if I spend all the time I do practicing and the money I spend on mouthpieces, sheet music, CD's, Tubas and time away from family and put it into something different-like getting a degree that will have a higher probability of earning a greater income? Well, then I hear a great CD with spectacular low brass, then I am momentarily healed.... at least until I crack my next note in my next practice session.

Follow Ups: