Re: Re: Denis Wick euphonium mouthpieces

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by I have... on June 01, 2003 at 22:24:12:

In Reply to: Re: Denis Wick euphonium mouthpieces posted by Brandon Jones on June 01, 2003 at 20:40:48:

...an SM 2 and like it quite a bit. I think it would be better for a tuba player doubling on euphonium than the SM 3, for the simple reason that you can get a little more meat in it. In my opinion, the Yamaha Doug Yeo, while it might work for some people, is too big to get a characteristic euphonium sound in the upper register. But, to each his own. I think I saw on Charley UK's website that he plays (as a straight euphonium player) a Doug Elliott 116...a HUGE rim for a euphonium.

As far as the Bobo TT mouthpiece is concerned, it looks something like the Miraphone Self model euphonium mouthpiece in my collection..a real oddity at best. A tuba rim on a very shallow cup with an impossibly small throat...something that looks like a Bach 12C tenor throat. But once again, to each his own. My recommendation is to go with the SM 2...on the large side, but still in the ballpark of actual euphonium mouthpieces.

Follow Ups: