Re: Re: Tuba that matches a trumpet

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John on March 28, 1999 at 12:50:20:

In Reply to: Re: Tuba that matches a trumpet posted by Chuck on March 28, 1999 at 09:36:30:

Chuck is exactly right. I switched from euphonium, reading treble clef to Eb tuba because it was the easiest and fastest tuba to switch to...I played euphonium one week in our brass band and the next week showed up with a tuba....the fingerings are the same basic ones, you read the bass clef music like it was trebele clef except for some of the sharpes and flats. Bass clef with three flats added, would be fingered just like treble clef with no sharpes and flats...its an easy switch... I suspect the most difficulty will come from trying to go from a trumpet mouthpiece to a tuba mouthpiece...but with any luck, you'll realize the error of your ways within a short period of time and just settle into the tuba...and stop screeching around all those high notes and killing each other over the two measure solo thats coming up....when you play the tuba,,,most every piece is a solo..... an Eb tuba has taken me thru a 20 piece brass band, a quintet and a community band....... good luck.

Follow Ups: