Re: FED UP!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac Iver on March 23, 2001 at 23:42:08:

In Reply to: FED UP!!! posted by Dennis AsKew on March 23, 2001 at 11:23:06:

Hey Dennis,
I found out about TUBA in 81 when I was at the Naval School Of Music in Little Creek Norfolk Va. I was a member on and off from 81 to 91 and just got fed up and spent the 40 or 50 bucs on a mouthpiece or bottle of valve oil and some music. I can not offer you an extemely verbose discertation on what is wrong with Tuba and suggestions to fix it. I don't think it is the memberships job to fix the problems, that is the leaderships job. If you want more people to join TUBA or whatever you call it now you need to have what we want. Not just a journal but a real and valid reason for us to become members and an understanding of what our needs are. Until the powers that be can get a handle on that I'll just keep reading my Family Handyman Magazines. It only cost $20.00 bucs a year and I've gotten more useful info out of it than I ever got out of a tuba journal. Maybe the people who write the journal should join up with a publication like Readers digest of which I have subscribed to since 1977. Maybe they could teach you something about getting people to want to buy a journal.
just a thought but what do I know?
Randy Mac Iver

Follow Ups: