Re: Re: Is Eastman still a Pinnacle?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Current Eastman Student on March 03, 2002 at 18:39:27:

In Reply to: Re: Is Eastman still a Pinnacle? posted by Eastman what? on March 03, 2002 at 18:06:34:

Just to clarify the "faculty/Rochester Phil." issue:

Don Harry (Tuba)- Buffalo Phil, sub for New York Phil, former teacher at Juilliard, great guy and wonderful teacher.

Mark Kellogg (Euph/Trombone)- Former 2nd chair at San Francisco, now teaching full time.

John Marcellus (Trombone)- Navy Band, Principle of National Symphony Orchestra.

Just a few names of many that came to Rochester to specifically teach at Eastman, not be driven by the fact that those other "important jobs" such as Cleveland just happen to be near a school. These people teach FULL TIME, HOW ABOUT THOSE AT THE OTHERS? CAN YOU SAY THE SAME ABOUT THEM? Rochester has as much weed in it as any other city, and the fact that anyone can say being in an area that promotes practicing is a bad thing has probably not been here. Is it a lame town sometimes? Yes. But you can always drive anywhere else to catch up with other "cultural Meccahs." I don't mean to be a jerk about this subject, but I am a student here now and take offense when people who are not here have comments on subjects that they have no real information about. Please e-mail me personally if you have any questions or realistic comments, but make sure that you realize that these professors are top notch and the school is too....jobs? just look at chris tiedeman who just won the Marine Band opening...I would say he is making it for a 19 yr. old, wouldn't you? Just my opinion, sorry to get so worked up.

Thanks,
Brad Martin

Follow Ups: