Re: new thread - old topic ( NOT BBb vs. CC)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Mason on March 03, 2003 at 07:38:11:

In Reply to: new thread - old topic ( NOT BBb vs. CC) posted by JoeS on March 02, 2003 at 23:24:15:

I see your point.

I have the pleasure of teaching each summer at a music in Southeast Missouri. I get a kick when I go there and conduct string orchestra. as I observe students during the off hours, they seem to be working on being able to perform the most technical exercise or excerpt while talking about anything other than music.

I seem to remember the time when I was a student attending camps. I would be in a group of students working on the most technical excerpts and talking about music.

Over the years, we (small school directors) have been struggling to keep students involved in programs. I am guilty of using most any hooking method to retain students (attract, recruit, bribe, whatever term you wish to use).

I have felt that music classes can actually bring home some math and science concepts. It also gives us a differing window into history and psychology. As for the notion that music will make someone a science guy or a math major, I don't believe that it will as of itself.

Maybe if I got away from the BBb 4 valve bell front adding machine and went with a 5 valve upright bell CC calculator.................

Tom Mason

Follow Ups: