Re: Summer Tuba Camp

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JR on March 05, 2003 at 17:21:15:

In Reply to: Summer Tuba Camp posted by :) on March 05, 2003 at 10:33:39:

First get together a promotional video tape of past performances or of some examples of tuba ensembles. This will help get your message across to any groups of students you are contacting. (Oh, also, get a spell checker...I'm not sure what a payler is...)

Then, as far an literature goes, you will just have to arrange some stuff yourself. You won't find easy enough stuff for that age/ability level. Also, don't count out euphoniums. They will help give your ensembles the high range needed...otherwise your groups will sound like a muddy sounding tubachristmas or something...

Then, be sure to have enough interesting camp activities...ping-pong, tuba ensemble, badmitton, jazz tuba ensemble, croquet, mock auditions, swimming, tuba master class, potato sack races (three legged races), lunch, crafts, tuba ensemble sectionals, frisbee golf, breathing class, tuba maintenance and/or modifications....etc....man, this sounds like so much fun, I think I want to sign up...

You must make your program more interesting than, say, a sports camp or something.

Follow Ups: