Summer Tuba Camp

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by :) on March 05, 2003 at 10:33:39:

i have not gotten much help here...
i know how all of the summer camp stuff works....
i have been in numerous camps myself....
i have also volunteered my time for the past 4 or 5 summers to work at summer camps...every year i take the tuba, euph, and trombone sections all aside and work with them....
i work with them on all types of things like breathing, phrasing, and all of the normal stuff that should be taught...and we go thru the music that they play with the band and fix any trouble spots...then i bring the 3 setions together and teach them how to blend and all that other stuff....

this summer i am just trying to get the tuba players and maybe the euph players too...from the middle schools and high schools around my county...which is a large county with many schools...but i am not expecting to have EVERY palyer show up....

i will split the group in 2....middle school and high school....
the camp will be 2 weeks....

my problems are......
~tubas ....or tuba/euph......i would like to just have tubas....but finding ensemble music for just tubas is a little tough....or maybe it is easier than i think....but if someone could let me know of about 5 pieces....that are written just for TUBA esemble (not tuba/euph) that would be great
~what is good tuba ensemble music to play as a group for middle school aged palyers....
.....and i think i had a few other concerns which are posted a little ways down....

thank you very much very anyt info that will help me.......

Follow Ups: