Re: Different Question About CC vs. BBb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff Hildebrand on March 10, 2003 at 18:33:26:

In Reply to: Different Question About CC vs. BBb posted by Jeff Hildebrand on March 09, 2003 at 17:45:15:

First, I want to thank everybody for the good advice. Honest!!! A lot of the advice really WAS good. Although some of it was contradictory, the reasons given for the comments appeared to be well thought out and sincere.

Second, I'm surprised that such a simple question elicited so much discussion. I think this board will be very exciting.

Third, The thread may not be done yet, but I have decided to stick with a BBb tuba for now. In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned that a Conn 10J was made available to me while I get back in shape. I do intend to look for a better tuba later, but the Conn is fine for now. In fact, this particular one is actually quite a good sounding horn for a 3/4 size, and I decided to go ahead and buy it (The price was cheap).

Fourth, A few posters complained that people were being hard on me. I just want to say that at no time did I think anyone was criticizing me in any way. Some of the discussion was passionate, especially in "intonation land", but all the comments were helpful.

Fifth, I appreciate the recommendation to find an instructor. Can anyone recommend somebody in the Indianapolis area?

Sixth, thanks for the encouragement.

Jeff "I can't sleep until I have read all the Archives" Hildebrand
Jeff "Maybe I should play the harmonica instead" Hildebrand
Jeff "My poor neighbors!!!" Hildebrand
Jeff "Why does the dog keep howling?" Hildebrand

Follow Ups: