Insurance for travelling

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jdin on May 31, 2000 at 15:21:49:

I'm planning on travelling from the US to the Mediterannean (Italy, France, North Africa)
with a large wind/brass ensemble next spring. The group is being sponsored by one of the
local colleges, so the I should be covered by their blanket health insurance policy.
They did recommend that I go out and get an insurance policy for the two horns I plan
on bringing (one upright tuba, one sousaphone). I've talked to the people who underwrite
my home insurance policy, and they said they could add a special rider for the horns,
but only if I was travelling within the US. Anyone have suggestions on insurance companies to go through for this trip?

Thanks is advance....

PS: If I'm unable to get "adequate" insurance for the horns,
I was planning on going back to the director and insisting
that I use their (college owned) horns for the trip.

Follow Ups: