Re: Canadian military bands

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anthony Labelle on May 13, 2001 at 15:39:42:

In Reply to: Canadian military bands posted by Chris Martin on May 13, 2001 at 14:05:07:

As a Canadian living in the U.S., I can tell you that the American military has a lot more to offer in the way of military bands... in 10 years, that may be a different story, though. From a Canadian's perspective, I'd never join the American military; not as a musician, or as a network engineer, or as a programmer, or as a soldier... from a musician's perspective, the Canadian military doesn't have much to offer. As far as I know, Canada only has 1 or 2 full time military musical ensembles(this information is 3rd hand, and 5 years old though, so don't take it as the final say). A good person to email on this subject would be John Griffiths at the U of Regina, as he's a former military bandsmen in Canada, and can probably give you all the information you need. Good luck!

On another note, I'm curious as to how you acquired a dual citizenship, considering how strict the US Government is about NOT allowing dual citizenships... would I be correct in assuming that you were born in the US, of two Canadian parents, more than 15 years ago? Thanks.

Anthony

Follow Ups: