Re: Re: Why has the value of my horn decreased?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The reason why... on May 16, 2001 at 12:17:57:

In Reply to: Re: Why has the value of my horn decreased? posted by The more things change.... on May 16, 2001 at 08:52:50:

Unfortunatly for me and other Kalison owners, nobody take our line of instruments seriously. This is mostly due to Vince, but also to the fact that not many pros in the United States use them. Another thing is that "famous" profesionals in Europe and elsewhere who use them (Daryl Smith, Thomas Walsh, Koji Suzuki) nobody has really heard of. Kalisons really and truly are not bad instruments. Intonation is a problem sometimes but, like with many other tubas, you can find was around it. True, they were plagued by bad manufacturing in the early 1990's but since the release of the Pro 2001 line instruments, the instruments that have come out of the factory are of a much higher manufacturing standard. Vavles are excellent. Their problem is getting pros to play them. I spoke with one big name in Europe who almost bought a Kalison but stayed away due to the dealer (In Europe). If Kalison really wants to put itself on the map they need to get out of Vince's shadow and find better distibutors in the US and elsewhere. Promotionally, an ad in every TUBA journal isn't going to do it either. They need big name, reliable, TRUSTWORTHY, people to sponsor their instruments. I don't see this happening anytime soon though so the best thing would be for some young hot shot to win an audtion using one of their instruments. Of course, nobody thinks that can be done either. Sorry for being so longwinded but I had to vent.

Follow Ups: