Grad Assistantship 2002-2003

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Zerkel on May 17, 2001 at 09:36:11:

I know that this seems a bit premature, but my colleagues have recommended an early posting of the Brass Quintet Assistantship at the University of Georgia for the 2002-2003 academic year. It is neccesary to post early because of an early application deadline (November 2001) and because of the fact the UGA requires graduate applicants to take the GRE.

The assistantship primarily entails performing in the Graduate Quintet (the Bulldog Brass Society) which is coached by Fred Mills, formerly of the Canadian Brass. Other duties might include assisting overload teaching of applied students, helping conduct the Tuba-Euph ensemble, and playing in the Georgia Brass, a large brass ensemble conducted by Mr. Mills.

The assistantship is open to Masters or Doctorate candidates, includes a tuition waiver and in 2002 will carry a stipend of approximately $10,000 for Doctoral students and $9,400 for Master's students. It's a pretty good deal.

If you would like any further information or the straight poop from any of my current students, drop me a note and I'll answer any questions I can or put you in touch with anyone in my studio.

Thanks,
Dave Zerkel

Follow Ups: