Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Disney BLAST!s out

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cast Member on May 26, 2001 at 21:35:25:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Disney BLAST!s out posted by why??? on May 26, 2001 at 15:57:52:

Why? Because I love this company. I loved Disney growing up, and still do...

It seems there are quite a few people out there who have a low opinion of the company for which I work. I can't change your opinion, and I wouldn't try to do that anyway. Your comment didn't seem constructive. However, I will try to answer your question.

There have been a great many people who have been Cast Members. The majority of them loved working here, or love working here still. If you don't love what you do, then why do it? I love working here at Disney. It is great to be of service to our guests. When I get to perform it is fun to be entertaining, and when I work in other areas it is great to give good guest service. If you can't understand that, then I won't try to explain it to you.
The company isn't perfect, but no company is perfect. I learned a long time ago that companies in general will use you until you have outlived your usefulness. Then the company will go on. There shouldn't be any hard feelings. Just enjoy the time you had there.
Are my days numbered? Yes. But there is no company you can work for where your days aren't numbered somehow. About the only thing I can think of where you have pretty much absolute security is tenured professors. The focus of our conversations has been musicians/entertainers at Disney, but if you move out of that arena, the other disciplines within the company are as secure any other company. We are given pins for years of service. More and more, I have seen 5, 10, 15, and yes a few 20 years of service pins...
Disney is no more/no less apt to fire than any other company...
Thanks for your comment.

Follow Ups: