Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ALABAMA SYMPHONY

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sheeeesh on May 06, 2002 at 19:14:02:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ALABAMA SYMPHONY posted by non-engineer on May 06, 2002 at 17:46:04:

Well, I have one of those decent-paying, non-music jobs. I didn't go to college for it, and funny thing is the years of work I did in aerospace and working for Sematech while in school added up to a great resume and when the (as they say on Wheel-of-Fortune) the "Large Federal Space Agency" found out I was available, it became a done deal. We don't consider "Systems Engineers" to be IT weenies, but as a systems engineer I have learned how very very few people in ANY workplace have the fortunate combination of genetic predisposition and experience to be truly magnanamous as well as effective in (whatever) their chosen profession (is.)
One year of experience may not be long enough to help one know if their vocation is something to love for a lifetime, but it is certainly enough time to decide if a given profession is not a good fit for oneself. It is odd that aspiring musicians (like yourself) who cast aspersions at others who make good money doing some techie gig nevertheless are surprised at how tight money is in the performing arts for performing artists. We who have decent-paying jobs, after all, are the ones who support the arts with part of our paychecks! Seems like something in ANY anonymous complainant's life is missing, when their words so readily would snap at the hands of those who (in part) feed them! "all of history is a record of class struggle"

dp

Follow Ups: