Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who got tuba studio spot at SMU?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark F. on May 03, 2003 at 23:43:47:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who got tuba studio spot at SMU? posted by Frank Z. Mustafa on May 03, 2003 at 22:58:51:

Having lived in Dallas for over 20 years, I can safely say that SMU is probably the 3rd best music school in a 45 mile radius around Dallas. I'm sure there are some fine players there, but no more than other schools. I think it's incredibly overpriced, and don't know anybody that has graduated from there that has gone on to accomplish anything. You would think that I would have met at least a couple graduates that I respected, but to be truthful, I can't think of any. Current students at SMU, don't get your shorts in a wad at this, but don't think that future employers are going to be impressed when you mention that you have a music degree from SMU. I doesn't work that way. They are going to think "wow, he spent a fortune to go to a very average school" If you have money burning in your pocket, go to Rice. If you have Money and you wan't a great education in Texas, go to TCU. If you don't have money, but don't mind a ton of tough players going head to head with you, go to UNT. When I was in school, I ued to say the same thing about TCU, but they have revamped the music department to make it an elite school.

Follow Ups: