Re: Re: Re: Our business

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Todd S. Malicoate on May 05, 2003 at 17:45:18:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Our business posted by missing the point on May 05, 2003 at 17:10:40:

I hardly think you can read an obsessiveness about money into MY post. I was the one who pointed out that the quest for excellence is its own reward.

What does my support mean? Would it make you feel better if I just nodded and agreed? "Yeah, the orchestras are getting screwed, man. The lawyers and athletes have had their time. Go Music!" What difference does that make to anything, other than the warm fuzzy feeling it gives you for the moment? The underlying problem remains, until the next time somebody wants to complain about it.

It seems that we have gone from $100,000 average a year for orchestral musicians in this country (an unsupported number from a few threads ago that I agree may be a little excessive) to "little-to-no compensation for those that do it well." What planet are you living on?

And what's that crack about my "pride in the wage I DON'T earn." Can somebody please tell me what that means?

It's alright. I love you, man. Peace.

Follow Ups: