Re: Re: Re: Re: Our business

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill on May 06, 2003 at 12:57:19:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Our business posted by Joe Baker on May 06, 2003 at 09:31:10:

Joe,

First of all, let me say that your brother and people like him (soldiers, fire fighters, police) are American heroes, people that put their life on the line to do a much needed job and service to the community. We could not pay these people what they deserve, because they deserve more than we could possibly pay (they should be able to make a living on one salary, though).

Second, one problem with our compensation system is that it says corporate CEO's deserve millions of dollars and police officers (and teachers and musicians) need second and third jobs. This is less true, thanks to unions (at least in my part of the country). Everyone needs to make a living wage, even if they work at McDonald's. I don't suggest that the Feds pick up the tab of the NY Phil, but the NEA gives something like $.11 to every dollar that an organization raises. That seems to be a pretty good ratio. If the organization can't raise enough money on its own (or manage its budget and make good planning decisions) then the group should fold.

I think the country would be better off if the millionairs made a little less, and the hard working stiffs in the middle class made a little more.

Bill

Follow Ups: