Re: Re: AFM Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Mason on May 09, 2003 at 17:11:19:

In Reply to: Re: AFM Question posted by No Longer Union on May 09, 2003 at 16:32:28:

I feel that you are seeing part of this in the same manner that I will describe, but if not, here is a scenerio.......

I work in an area that is loaded with professional performers that will work on a 3 hour gig for 20 dollars and all the booze that they can handle. Many of these professionals claim to be members of the local, but I doubt that they actually follow the rules concerning taking gigs and reporting pay.

Many of the local clubs and other places of steady performance usually don't care about quality when it comes down to pay issues. Like other areas in the nation, there are band leaders who will take 3 or 4 times pay without providing services worth the money.

Sometimes we have to get what we can, or decide to play only when the money is right. When you have a situation when you want to play for free, then by all means do so. I am beginning to have a new found respect for those who equate the amount of alcohol with pay for the gig.

Tom Mason

Follow Ups: